Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Zeitgeist: International Association for the Advancement of Creative Maladjustment

“Agree with me if I seem to you to speak the truth; or, if not, withstand me might and main that I may not deceive you as well as myself in my desire, and like the bee leave my sting in you before I die. And now let us proceed.” - Socrates

"In the past, throughout almost all of human history, the main threat to survival was nature. Today, it is culture. Not only does structural violence kill more people than all the behavioral violence put together; structural violence is also the main cause of behavioral violence."

Zeitgeist: Moving Forward | Official Trailer- [ Extended ] from ZeitgeistMovie.com on Vimeo.


SYNOPSIS: Zeitgeist: Moving Forward, by director Peter Joseph, is a feature length documentary work which will present a case for a needed transition out of the current socioeconomic monetary paradigm which governs the entire world society.

This is hardly a new anthem. Martin Luther King, Jr., December 18, 1963:

"Modern psychology has a word that is probably used more than any other word in psychology. It is the word: maladjusted. ... I would like to say to you today, in a very honest manner, that there are some things in our society and somethings in our world of which I'm proud to be maladjusted. And I call upon all men of goodwill to be maladjusted to these things until the Good Society is realized."

"I never intend to adjust myself to economic conditions that will take necessities from the many to give luxuries to the few, and leave millions of God's children smothering in an air-tight cage of poverty in the midst of an affluent society."

"In other words, I'm about convinced now that there is need for a new organization in our world. The International Association for the Advancement of Creative Maladjustment ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment